Search This Blog

Friday, October 8, 2010

Random

* This is a post I previously had on my personal blog. I thought it fit better here.
********************************
It all started when I got the urge to re-arrange my bedroom and add some fun accessories

The curtains were hand-me-downs from Emily and the tie backs were made from a wooden block and some kind of knob I found at Hobby Lobby.
These are just fabric covered canvases. The fabric was from the as-is section of Ikea and the canvases came from my neighbors trash!


The new arrangement also created some space for a much needed extra dresser!!
The search led me to this awesome thrift store…Where I found a dresser
and with a little paint…
Went from this…


To this…



I also got this fun lamp


and after only one minor electrical shock,



I was able to re-wire and hang to use as a bed-side light!
People either love it or hate it, I LOVE IT!


A few weeks later, I went back to the thrift store and got this cool chair…..



After a few coats of spray paint and some fabric from an old pillow, it now looks like this…



I put it in an empty corner of our living room and then had to paint this mirror to match…


I decided that doing stuff like this is a release for me. Some people have sports, others have TV-I have crafts!

Oh, somewhere in the middle of all this I made this picture frame for a wedding shower gift… cute huh!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! What did you think?

Remember, if asking a question to click on "subscribe by email" Thanks!